Re: Discussion article now available; Dubrovsky and Holzkamp

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 14:56:27 PDT

My copy of Bakhurst's book has been "borrowed" and I need to get a new
one in order to evaluate the parallel you set up,Michael, which I take
to be Ilyenkov: Engestrom as Durborksy: Holtzkamp. I am on of those
who follows the branch of thought laid out by steve. At the same time,
I get nervous about invocation of ideas such as responding to contradictions
in general, rather than as experienced in life.

What specific issue in your article and thinking about identity hinges on
this debate?
mike