Re: michal roth's intro; four contradictions and children's play

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 08:13:40 PDT

My sense is that when they rise to the concrete during goal formation
and action, they come to be linked to emotions, without which no
decision-making (e.g., Damasio,1999) seems to be possible. Decisions
are made, so Holzkamp, to increase the control I have over my
environment or, in other words, my action potential. This increase is,
in my reading, associated with a higher emotional valence. The
recognition and removal of contradictions therefore is no longer
something abstract but has a real engine... (A contradiction in and of
itself does not move anything, real people do)
Michael