Fwd: zones of development

From: Esteban Diaz (ediaz@csusb.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 10:26:48 PDT

This is an email I received some time ago in response to a presentation that
Jose Hernandez and I made in Aarhus a few years ago. May be related to negative zones.
Esteban

attached mail follows:

Dear Prof. Diaz,
I read an abstract of your and Hernandez's paper "Zones of Negative
Development: Analysis of Classroom Activities and the Academic Performance
of Bilingual, Mexican American Students in the United States" in the Book of
Abstracts of the 4th Congress of the ISCRAT (Denmark, Aarhus, June 7-11,
1998). It is very interesting for me, because I study learning, education
and development in conditions of voluntary and involuntary social
counteraction and inhibition.

I referred to your concept "zones of negative development" in my Russian
publications and in English-language publications. I attached an electronic
version of one of them.

I am very interested to get to know whether you continue this direction of
your researches. I would appreciate very much of you could send me a copy of
full text of this paper and, if possible, copies of your other papers, which
you consider appropriate.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely yours,

Alexander Poddiakov, Prof.
Faculty of Psychology of Moscow State University
Sadovnicheskaya St. 27-30
115035 Moscow
Russia
E-mail: alpod@gol.ru