RE: Educational activity and school

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 10:15:29 PDT

Lets wait until Peg has electricity to continue this discussion of
educational activity, Phil. I believe her pointer to the TC Record
article is very relevant: to be engaged in activity requires a process
of goal formation. A kid who is a poet, scientist, etc and in danger
of getting the boot points to the the iron cage of standard classrooms
where goal formation around matters considered educational is a rarity and
may endanger kids and/or teachers.

If Peg is able to log on, I heard that Phone service in the Florida panhandle
is expected to be restored by October 29 (!). That assumes that the next
storm in the pipeline doesn't continue the damage.
mike