Re: arievitch/leontiev

Robert-- Hard to get me to disagree on your first two points, but it seems
to me that the qualitative transformations associated with expertise could
provide great evidence contra copy theories and from my perspective, it
would be better to avoid adopting the basic-applied distinction the way
you do, even though I know its traditional in psychology. If we begin from
the premise that the organization of mind takes place in, is interwoven
with, is a transformation (of some sort of) the structure of activity in which
people engage, there is nothing especially applied about working, for example,
with doctors, radiologists, etc. What is wierd is working with people
in heavily confined, narrowly simplified tasks to make "all other things
invisibile!"

Have you voted for a Rommetviet paper? Time to close that voting booth!!
mike