working to improve the infrastructure

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 16:45:41 PDT

I have been given the opportunity to hire someone to improve the
infrastructure of xmca. My first priority which dates back a long time
is to get the actual membership as indicated by those who have subscribed
in synch with the list of members that are listed in the membership list.
Hopefully we can get rid of some of the other glitches too.

For the membership list, I propose a simple template with information
about each member. I hereby solicit your suggestions. My help is only
available for a short time, so a quick response would be appreciated.
Send the response to me unless you think it might be desirable to
discuss on the list (remember, some folks pay out of their pocket for
access so clogging mailboxes is not something we want to do when we
can help it).

Here is a brief list for the template

first name
last name
institutional affiliation (if applicable)
departmental affiliation (if applicable)
email address
web page (if applicable)
Major Research Interests
   we could have, say, three windows for this item

That's about all I can think of. Write if you would like additional
information. I assume that only items 1,2, and 5 would be obligatory but
that the other items would be of widespread interest.
mike