phillip's take

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 08:46:19 PDT

Yes, Phillip, that is how I see it. The difficult issue is how to think relationally and not fall
into thinking of the nodes in the triangle as stand-alone "entities." And I agree especially with
this point:

  for me, another perspective, i would emphasize the Person - rules - another person (community) aspect, since i beli
eve that a big part of social relations is structured around multiple "rules" both implicit and explicit.

            especially when social relations between social classes is part of the activity, and even more so when the power
relationships between the classes are involved. and within education, as with all social activities, issues of race and gend
er should be critically explored, I'm thinking.

mike