Re: Gredler & Shields vs. Gutierrez & Lemke

From: Oudeyis (victor@kfar-hanassi.org.il)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 16:24:02 PDT

Bill,
No real synthesis, just a provisional state of accomodation (until the
negation is negated by its negation etc. etc. etc.). Check EVI (1960)
Dialectics of Abstract & Concrete, Chapter 5 - The Method of Ascent from the
Abstract to the Concrete in Marx's Capital, Contradiction as the Condition
of Development of Science
http://www.marxists.org/archive/ilyenkov/works/abstract/abstra5b.htm and
Contradiction as a Principle of Development of Theory
http://www.marxists.org/archive/ilyenkov/works/abstract/abstra5d.htm .

Lastly, dialectics can be as crude or as fine as the focus of research.

Regards,
Victor