Re: FW: Trouble posting...

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 17:29:49 PST

thanks for reminding everyone of JREEP, Elina. Pentti has been doing
a stupendous job with the journal and there is a lot of value to read there.

Its odd that you mentioned "act" as a unit of analysis. there is a very
interesting article by Brandtstater in the 1998 Handbook of Child Psychology
on "Action theories in Development." He identifies Leontiev as an action
theorist, starts his chapter with a discussion of the cultural regulation
of behavior, and says that some people distinguish action and act, with the
latter referring to categories of actions. I recommend the chapter.

We can add it to the reading list for the course Steve is planning for us
to have! :-)
mike