by way of a common reading

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 15:45:53 PST

I feel like a priveleged student at a grad seminar in the discussion between
Victor, Steve, and other on Marxist theories of labor.

As it turns out, after a couple of months delay, I finally got to
read a paper that xmca member, Paul Adler sent me on what he refers
to as labor process theory. I have asked Paul if he might like to
offer that paper up for discussion, since it seems to be one
scholar's contemporary effort to deal with a number of the issues
in the ongoing Marx/Labor discussion.

Paul has posted his paper at
http://www.marshall.usc.edu/web/MOR.cfm?doc_id=5771
where you can get it and download it.

Paul, you might give a little background on where this fits in your
current set of concerns, although something of that context can be
gleaned from the paper.

mike