RE: Democracy, Federal Government, and Education

From: Jay Lemke (jaylemke@umich.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 16:37:26 PST

Email is an odd medium for irony...

I signed as if the dysfunctional policies I described were a xmas present
from the Carlyle group, which in a way they are.

Carlyle is a major international privately held investment banking firm
that has as partners key members of the Bush I and II adminstrations, back
to the Reagan era, and those from the Thatcher-Major lineage, in bed with
Big investors, in global markets, arms deals ... all the elements of a
conspiracy nut's wetdream. You will find some good investigative journalism
on Carlyle in the EU media, but not in the US, I think.

Happy New Year!

Color Me Orange