modularity quotes

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 11:54:51 PST

Thanks to all who responded to my query about the (reputed) quotation
from Chomsky re language organs. I searched all of the sources suggested,
but unfortunately could not come up with the right identification. There
is "language as organ" talk all over Chomsky, at least until recently,
and Pinker clearly adopts this line of rhetoric, as many noted. But I
failed to find the citation and that was what was needed in this case.

The general issue is certainly worth further discussion, but running
down reputed statements is probably not. I apologize if I inconvenienced
anyone.
mike
./
/