Re: inbox burden

From: Bob Williams (bobwill@actrix.co.nz)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 15:39:41 PST

At 3:29 PM -0800 30/11/03, Mike Cole wrote:
>Can we make it a custom to use plain text and not include prior (long)
>messages with each message we respond to on xmca? Including the
>messages gives easy continuity, but that continuity can be had by
>other means, such as going to the xmca web page.

I don't know if it has been mentioned here before, but other discussion groups have also experienced problems with HTML based emails. I can't track the reference down, but I recall some discussion somewhere that pins blame, sigh, on Microsoft. Apparently the default option for Outlook Express is HTML and not plain text. Unfortunately this is not obvious to the user, and difficult to reset unless you know how to tinker with (or have access to) the preferences file.

Cheers

BOB

--
BOB WILLIAMS
bobwill@actrix.co.nz

Mobile (64) 21 254 8983

Rule #1 - Don't panic Rule #2 - Things always work out in the end