RE: Multidisciplinary perspectives - Peirce

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 10:45:24 PST

Thanks a lot Luiz, for the good references about Peirce! I keep educating
myself.

Reading Peirce, I can’t share the impression at time he was modernist if not
positivist – I’m still with Victor with that. Of course, one can easily
recognize many other “faces” of Peirce but the face of positivism is there
for me. Let me know if you need some quote support of where I see modernism
and positivism in Peirce, please. (I’m not connected to the Internet now so
I can’t do it)…. By the way, Andy’s remark about historic context of
Peirce’s writing is right on target. It is difficult to find a Western
writer of this time who under close analysis was not, at least, modernist
including Marx and Hegel.

What do you think?

Eugene

  _____