RE: first brief remarks on Carol Lee's article

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 17:59:56 PST

Good points, Ricardo!

I wonder when computer advances in the area of adapting them to blind people
(e.g., mouse that is tactile screen - a friend on mine was working on that
invention in Israel) will be come common and widespread. I have heard that
SRI (Stanford Research Institute?) is working on transferring tactile
feelings via Internet so surgeons can do long-distance surgeries (this is
especially important for military since many soldiers die because they can't
get rather trivial medical help in the first hour of being wounded). As to
smell and taste, I try to keep my laptop away from my friend's dog who
obviously thinks about my laptop as tasteful and smelly :-)

Eugene