Streaming conference presentations

From: David Le Blanc (mrleblanc@telus.net)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 13:55:04 PST

This past week, I had the pleasure of viewing Michael Cole's presentation at
the Vygotsky conference in Moscow that he arranged to make available over
the Web. I would like to thank him for providing this opportunity. As a
graduate student my funds limit the number of international conferences I
can attend. Wouldn't it be wonderful if more opportunities existed for
graduate students and others to follow key researchers in the field of CHAT
when they are presenting at various conferences. Michael mentioned the high
costs involved in streaming his presentation. I am certain that others such
as me would be very willing to support future initiatives by contributing
funds if these could be made available over the Web.

What do you think?

David Le Blanc

 <http://mySandbox.net> http://mySandbox.net

 <http://TogetherApart.com> http://TogetherApart.com