RE: Carol Lee's article

From: Peter Smagorinsky (smago@coe.uga.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 12:14:19 PST

Philip makes an important point. Even researchers who work productively
with teachers often bypass the mandates of administrators and policymakers
who expect miracles immediately. This is surely a shortcoming of some of my
own work. Thanks for helping to expand the lens to situate teaching in its
policy context. Peter