RE: Are kids naturally good with computers?

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 04:56:43 PST

Nice story Eugene. I'm still confused about the meaning of the words
though, like which is which?

It seems to me that in Case 2, the tutor understood that until he could
find a "project" to which both he (with his aim of teaching) and the kid
with his own aim, could both commit, and collaborate together, then
learning was ruled out. As you correctly said, in case 1, the tutor had his
project worked out and the kids were not part of it, in fact they were
threatening to his project and the kids quickly recognised the adversarial
relation.

The common project constituted a "third" mediating between the two parties;
each committed to this third from their own perspective. This third was the
basis of trust and collaboration and mutual recognition.

Andy