RE: enculturation, ethnemes, pedagogy, research

From: Steve Gabosch (bebop101@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 13:33:10 PDT

Hi Eugene,

Oops - where does time go? Thanks so much for your responses last week. I
am working on one now. I've been studying your posts and your article, and
will write you off-list.

For those that enjoy Eugene's stories from his after-school center and his
preservice teacher classes, check out the article by Eugene and colleagues at:
  <http://cepaosreview.tripod.com/Matusov.html>http://cepaosreview.tripod.com/Matusov.html

"Dialogic framework for cultural psychology: Culture-in-action and
culturally sensitive guidance."

There is much to learn from the stories themselves, and I find Eugene's
approach to objectivization and subjectivization provides a very
interesting method of analysis to accompany them. A key concept Eugene
talks about, what he calls comprehensive objectivization, ties in well with
the Gutierrez/Rogoff critique of attributing cultural traits to individuals.

I'll write you soon, Eugene. Thanks!

- Steve