RE: characturing

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 10:14:18 PDT

Thanks Mike. It is very helpful.

> Of course we are ethnocentric! But one has to start somewhere
> and that somehwere is not on wherever the center of the universe is.

I think this is the key: not to be afraid to be ethnocentric but to find its
specific shape in work with different others. I agree that awareness of our
ethnocentrism should not paralyze us on the contrary we should explore it
more. It is OK to develop "general" definitions of learning, cognition, and
so on as soon as we expect to test them and fail in some ways and some
degrees.

What do you think?

Eugene