Re: Lteter Oerdr?

From: John St. Julien (john@johnstjulien.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 21:00:50 PDT

Hi David,

It is a great thing. Just an index of how little of the pattern you
need to recognize an instance. Notice that the letters and the
lengths are also part of the pattern. My bet would be that this is to
some degree learned. We have to read mangled texts all the time. I
would therefore theorize that teachers would be better at this than
members of other professions. (Except, perhaps, professional
secretaries.) :-)

John

--
401 St. Charles St.
Lafayette, La.  70501

Land Line: (337) 269-0150 Cell Phone: (337) 739-6118

john@johnstjulien.com