Re: Lteter Oerdr?

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 04:18:36 PDT

Interestingly, in Thai there is also no space between words, and depending
on the word, it may begin with a vowel sound or a consonant sound, but that
initial written symbol may not be the initial spoken sound. For example,
"atble" could be pronounced "table" (I have grossly oversimplified this
here). Just for interest, I'm going to try this out in Thai with some Thai
colleagues to see what happens.

I wonder why the initial text that Don sent is doing the email list rounds?
I have had it from three very different sources today!

Phil