RE: synomorphs

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 18:37:12 PDT

Dear Mike and everybody-

Thanks a lot for the very useful scanned pages!

After reading Baker's pages, I becoming leaning toward Jean Lave's
characterization of Baker's approach as deterministic. I think he was
functional/organic determinist. I think Jim Wertsch is right insisting on
mediation nature of human activity (not behavior!).

What do you think?

Eugene