CH-SIG prepares for AERA*

From: Judith Vera Diamondstone (JDiamondstone@Clarku.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 18:38:52 PDT

Dear Members and Friends of the CH-SIG,

Please help us prepare for another great year at AERA.

This year, we are planning to host another "mini-course" for the AERA
Professional Development and Training Sessions. Last year, over 50 students
signed up for "Language in Activity."

Multiple instructors have been invited to share their time & expertise.

What do you think the focus of this year's mini-course should be?

Should we specify a focus?

Judy & Bill, Co-co Ordinators

ISSUE #2

Who should we invite to the Business Meeting?

Does anyone want to suggest a theme for the Business Meeting?

One idea was to focus on U.S. education policy, or law [effects on ELLs,
children of color] in deference to the AERA annual theme -- Any candidates
for CHAT work in that area?

yr prog. chair
serving the CHAT community