ricardo/kevin/identity

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 09:07:41 PDT

Ricardo Asks:

(1) Is identity a word always used in american chat approaches to educational ac
tivity to refer social roles? Can't identity be understood in English as somethi
ng other - something that articulates personal features and idiossincratic ways
of being aside eventual social roles taken by a one?

Hi Ricardo-- First of all, I doubt if there is any unified notion of identity
among the farflung members of people using CHAT ideas. Speaking personally,
I think your notion of at least semi-detaching roles and identity is
very useful.
mike