Re: request for some clarification

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 18:44:53 PDT

The question is too difficult for me, Elina. I have heard people discuss
the notion of subject of activity but never agent. I assume that for
some people subject and agent are almost synonymous, for others not.
(Who/what is subject and agent for Latour, for example?).

I also have a lot of difficulty thinking of individual activity, so the
individual/collective dimension enters the arena to confuse me further.

Good luck with your task!

mike
PS-- For more on the sound of the violin, see the article by Ernst Boesch,
available through xmca archives. A very interesting extension of Tagore.