the past, present, and future, "objectively speaking!" :-)

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 17:27:17 PDT

Howdy xmca participants (xmcaps?)

Transition time. there are very thoughtful messages for us all on Kirstin
Foot's article on the topic of "object" in CHAT for us all to think about
and learn from. thanks to all who have contributed. The substance and
spirit of the comments exemplify the best of the (always noperfect) nature
of academic discourse. I have several recent message to think about as the
long, US Independence Day weekend begins. I am grateful for the stimulation
to thought.

For anyone who is not familiar with out traditions, the past is not a
forgotten country. Old topics neither die nor fade away ( contra that
old phrase by d. macarthur of disputed fame). Continuation of prior
discussions (the topic of activity predates us all) is always welcome
and relevant.

At the same time, the future makes its demands on us. In particular, me.
I am the member of the editorial board responsible for helping along the
discussion of the new paper on polycontextuality. I'll get there as soon
as these aging bones, eyes, and finges, can manage it. Meantime, follow
Peggy's directions and get your very own "free" (lets not kids ourselves,
this is not free!) copy of Kevin's article.

See you here, wherever here is, in the days to come.
mike