Re: umwelt and context

From: maria judith (mariasucupiralins@terra.com.br)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 13:43:55 PDT

Mike
in portuguese the words are very similar:
contexto
contextualista
according to our understanding of "contexto" and also "contextualista" we
can say that Vygotsky's concern about development is not far away these
ideas. When we think about mediation and ZDP it is possible to say that
Vygotsky's theory pay attention to the "contexto".
Maybe these words are only similar, and they don't translate themselves.
It is difficult to me because I read Vygotsky in English and in Portuguese,
not in Russian. Our translations are not good Portuguese indeed.
Maria