Re: Thinking in a foreign language

From: Vera John-Steiner (vygotsky@unm.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 19:41:46 PDT

    Thanks, it worked. And I found the notion of voluntary action fascinating, because I,too, am aware of making some choices of how to explore thoughts in the process of linguistic completion. That is why I find inner speech a meaningful concept, it is closer to condensed meaning than to realized speech.Let us give some thought to a CHAT symposium on multilingualism Vera