Re: State Regulation vs Academic Freedom

From: wbarowy@attbi.com
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 09:24:54 PDT

Hi David , you are right. This has to do with state certification -- which is
central to many of our offerings. Sorry for the misunderstanding -- too much
haste on my part. I'll read the rest of the conversation with interest.

bb

--

I seem to be out of the loop on this. I was under the impression that state agencies are not in the business of setting guidelines for specific academic programs, except programs that lead to state certification or license (e.g., teaching certificates).