RE: Transfer policies for School of Education: Help wanted

From: Judith Vera Diamondstone (JDiamondstone@Clarku.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:59:01 PDT

 I'll bite:
commitment to education as indicated by courses in the school of education
&/or related work experience with young people should be a high priority,
and was at my former Univ. Letters of recommendation should count at least
as much if not more than GPA, definitely. Borderline applicants should be
interviewed -- thoughtful candidates who can articulate self-understandings
and who demonstrate an interest in the learning of others should be ushered
in. Anyone who has experience with 'diversity' or who has had the experience
of being a minority student in public schools should be recognized as
advantaged as a prospective teacher in urban schools. Others can add to
these 2 cents....
Judy