EdD PhD...and the horrors of war

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 02:39:37 PST

>Hi all,

The references that flooded in after Peter's post are very much appreciated
to me, an EdD student in the faculty of Education at an Australian
university (University of Wollongong). On another note, Don writes we must
greatly broaden the varieties of doctoral training we provide to
accommodates the needs of our fields of application rather than assuming
that a particular form of classical training will automatically apply. I
can only wholeheartedly agree and state my appreciation for my university's
support in allowing me to do an EdD while living and working in Thailand
(with a couple of on campus stints), and to use principles and paradigms,
which the current CHAT course is developing, for my research.
EdD...PhD...the question of use value versus exchange value certainly comes
to mind here!

Phil
P.S Below is an example in Australia of coordinated activity by the people
against the horrors that Bush Blair and Howard (and all associated) are
planning.

Back to the relevance of inner speech to a mediational theory of mind (on
the xmca course, of course!)