CHAT and doctoral education

From: Cunningham, Donald James (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 07:30:58 PST

XMCA has been quiet --- too quiet! Perhaps I can take advantage of the
lull to seek some help. My School of Education has been selected to
participate in the Carnegie Initiative on the Doctorate:

http://www.carnegiefoundation.org/CID/index.htm

We have been invited to rethink the purpose of doctoral education and
consider creating new structures that match worthy goals for doctoral
programs in the new millennium. I've always taken the heretical position
that our theoretical musing ought to have practical consequences so I
began to think about this process in terms of CHAT. I wonder if others
would find this an interesting task. How to begin............djc

Don Cunningham

Indiana University