Re: scribner award

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 14:56:25 PST

Hi King, Mike, SIG officers and members,

For those of you who have not followed the discussion, two key emails are
included below.

I'm sure I can speak for the current sig officers that we can act on this
issue. We will probably want to discuss Mike's proposed plan of action
(below) and collectively determine what kind and level of action the SIG
members wish to take. It would help if we can include some additional
perspectives so that our actions are most effective in achieving our aims.
For example, just a moment ago, Judy noted that CHSIG should be appropriately
[explicitely] identified with Scribner.

Including the founders of the award in the process would be highly beneficial,
helping to locate the original intent. It would also be great if any one of
us can post information about Silvia and the award, e.g. short bio, award
description, etc, to refresh our knowledge and introduce newcomers to this
issue. That's an invitation. IMHO we will be best served if we approach
this strategically.

Question to King: Is the divisional VP mentioned still in office?

This message is also sent to chsig for more comprehensive coverage.

bb