Re: eloquence

From: Pedro R Portes (prport01@louisville.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 13:18:33 PST

I sense Vey is mir is more controversial than Oy but I do not recommend
talking that language in Miami unless you happen to be on
beach...particularly not around Hialiah..
In case the are good books on improving education, a new round of
nominations is welcomed for the Grawemeyer Award here later this
year...
pedro

>>> mcole@weber.ucsd.edu 02/20/03 11:10AM >>>

Well what do you know! Joe Glick existeth!

Joe-- It would be impossible, even from Miami, where I am temporarily
occupied, or which is temporarily occupying me, to add anything to
your
eloquent comment on the appropriateness of the Scribner award.

May I simply add, Vey is mir!
mike