RE: Is there something wrong with this story? What or who is missing?

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Sun Feb 16 2003 - 02:45:16 PST

At 15:16 15/2/03 -0800, Mike wrote to Ana:
You ask the key question, Ana. Can anything turn aside war lust?

We had 3000 in Bangkok, marching to the US embassy and presenting a
letter/petition to the ambassador to be passed on to Mr. B, requesting no
war...then they went on to the British embassy to do the same...

The leader from my own country, Australia, which had at least two large
gatherings on the weekend, stated that these demonstrations would not alter
his conviction to support "America" in its endeavours to impose democracy
on Iraq. Phew!

Two democratic actions that don't seem to add up.

Phil