RE: Cross-cultural evaluation blunders

From: KELLY, ELIZABETH (EKELLY@gc.cuny.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 08:02:21 PST

I believe the Peace Corps is full of such experiences, but I am not sure how
well documented they are. One comes to mind about getting a whole community
to dig wells (with the intent to save the hour walk down to the river every
day). Once they were finished, the women filled them with rocks because they
didn't want to lose thier social time together --- when they all walk down
to the river together for the morning.

Elizabeth Kelly