Re: test

From: ediaz@csusb.edu
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 09:37:10 PST

Mike,
The cuts are really killing teacher morale. Teachers we work with
are going without lots of necessities. Funds are frozen and everything is
on hold. Couple this with the boring curriculum that they have to use because
of the testing requirements and one can easily understand the low morale.

I too saw the LA Times story and it reminded me of the "Mean Streets"
software that Warren and others were working on at LCHC in the 70's. While the technology
was archaic by today's standards the story line was great. (How does a
young man get to cello practice in Harlem without encountering friends and
bullies?)

As you said,

> The damndest things come round again, and what's really odd is
> people think
> they are new! One of the rare compensations for aging.
> mike

The other compensation for aging is grandchildren.
Esteban