Re: and what distinguishes? Molly?

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 16:59:29 PST

In a message dated 1/3/2003 8:04:32 PM Central Standard Time,
mcole@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

> Seems like perhaps we need to read Whitehead, Molly. What principled reason
> does Whitehead give for denying to human life some groovy abstractions?
>
> Perhaps it takes not being one to know one?
> mike

In an attempt to further muddle the waters eric adds some ideas.

Language is only successful if both parties involved agree to the meaing.

At some point there is even going to be differences between two people who
almost always agree on meaning.

There is a transition area between the meaning each person has chosen to
support.

This transition area is what confounds and bothers us to this day because it
is unquantifiable.

What then are the similarities or comparatives that exist on either side of
this transition?

good day
eric

examples may but may not necessarily follow