Re: (no) more teacher?

From: N (vygotsky@charter.net)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 04:05:07 PST

I think we need to remember the ZPD was only mentioned 3 or 4 times in
all of the collected works. Interestingly it was coined by an american
behaviorist and has been interpreted / re-interpreted re-re-intepreted
by the american context since.

I do think Tudge is right on that as a concept it receives its
validation from the theory as a whole. The ZPD is not VYGOTSKYian
examined outside of this context.

The Marxian context is indeed an interesting one. I know in transcribing
Seve's work his chapter on capacity is very consistant with the notion
of ZPD.

http://marxists.org/archive/seve/works/1974/ch4/4.1.htm

So, we have two theorists who coming from a marxist foundation, and
trying to construct a marxist psychology, were led to similar concepts.

--
“There is no hope of finding the sources of free action in the lofty
realms of the mind or in the depths of the brain. The idealist approach

Nate vygotsky@charter.net http://webpages.charter.net/schmolze1/