Online Course

From: Kevin Rocap (krocap@csulb.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 19:39:03 PST

Dear friends,

Thank you to all who have already registered for the online XMCA
course. There may be a little confusion about the course start-up and I
wanted to send a quick clarification.

Thus far we have only been registering folks by having you visit a web
page and fill out a form:

http://www.clmer.csulb.edu/xmcacourse

The next step will be to establish a separate xmcacourse listserv and to
send out instructions about accessing the course web pages (which Gordon
already forwarded to the list, so those pages are available already
;-)). The purpose of a separate listserv is to be able to send routine
announcments about the course to participants and to include folks who
register from other sources than the regular xmca listserv in the
distribution of course information.

You may notice a little movement behind the curtains as the facilitators
are still caucusing a bit about when actual participation in the course,
not just registration, begins. ;-) Mike is our fearless leader and I'll
be chatting with him by phone tonight to clarify that.

So, if you've registered already, you're fine! You should have seen a
web page that confirmed that you'd registered and that let you know
you'd be contacted over a course listserv with instructions and next
steps.

If you've visited the course web pages you are actually ahead of the
game!

And by tomorrow I'd imagine we'll have a new course listserv and will
send out specific, clarifying instructions to all participants regarding
the formal start of the course. ;-)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled xmca discussion. ;-)

In Peace,
K.