Re: estranged learning

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 13:58:05 PST

Actually i have not interpreted the estanged learning paper quite yet. The
past posting was more of a follow up on Bruce's comment, seeking to expand
the picture a bit. And playing with analogy and the Bard. (Hi Ana!).

I don't think anyone is to blame for missing pieces -- that perhaps is the
consequence of the complex distribution of labors into which educators and
researchers find themselves isolated from each other, and upon which
capitalist society thrives. Splintering extended triangles appear everywhere
in my mind's eye. In that perspective XMCA is some kind of weird
counter-culture. (Complement intended) What perhaps is not so obvious that
it can remain unwritten is that IMHO the estranged learning paper is
*definitely* an important contribution.

Anyway, gotta pack again for yet another trip, while an ice-storm approaches.
Back next week, with something more substantive.

bb