xmca as classroom

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 07:16:45 PST

To all,

Because I view xmca as a place to learn as well as a place to assert my
viewpoint I have always viewed the interaction taking place on this board as
a classroom. This, however, is the classroom that I associate with foraying
the forest floor or meeting people at the airport. Therefore, I assert my
viewpoint into xmca in much the same way I will with natural settings.
Sometimes a walk down a path reveals no fungus and I must return to familar
grounds so that I may become reacquainted with the look and atmosphere of a
'honey' spot. Within the lexicon of xmca I have similarily ventured down
paths that have become stagnant and the hunt becomes unproductive.

Presently I would like to venture back to the common lexicon of 'natural
learning environments' because this is how I first exerted my viewpoint on
xmca: that learning needed to be authentic in order to make sense for the
student. Regretfully, I don't view this upcoming course to offer authentic
learning. I know I have prejudices against formal education and the dinosaur
it has become so part of my view is merely opinion that the discussion of
credits has turned the offered course into a formal setting. I am interested
what I can learn from many learned geust lecturers and hope to gain a deeper
understanding of ChAT but the structure and the forum have already provided
me with aingst [and fortunately I don't need any credits so I wasn't going to
spend any money but rather 'lurk' at the course contents].

I have more to say but fortunately one thing I have learned is that long
posts get skimmed and not read so I will leave my thoughts and most likely
not return to them further, for I know them only to be opinion and not fact.

gratiously,
eric