Re: Engestrom article in hand

From: N (VYGOTSKY@CHARTER.NET)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 13:22:40 PST

Me thinks BB's proposal of Yahoo might be the best.

1) It deals with uploading files in a rather clear and open manner. If
I remember correctly any member can upload a file, and it offers some
other tools too such as databases.

2) The list serve / message board approach is a nice option. If one
does not want to receive mega messages, they can join in and post when
the feeling emerges.

I wish there was an open source portal solution but for now I think
Yahoo is the best solution.

If there is still interest in grabbing goverment websites I found a neat
open source grabber.

http://www.httrack.com/