Re: more from eric

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 05:16:16 PST

Steve;

Thank you for the support. I don't have time to get into specifics at this
time but one of the themes I am now struggling with is cultural artifacts v.
psychological tools. It appears at times that current theorists who write
about these two themes appear to interchange them. Is this a misperception
that I am having or is commonly accepted that these are one and the same? Did
Vygotsky intend for psychological tools to be referred to as cultural
artifacts or did he view psychological tools as being separated into his
concepts of 'everyday' skills and 'scientific' [i.e. cultural] skills?
Perhaps I am reading something wrong in what epople are writing, could
someone please comment to help elucidate this perception?

Steve, as the school year goes on I could certainly comment on the birding
exercise if that is something you are interested in.

eric