RE: Gordon's Land Yacht Movie

From: Judith Vera Diamondstone (JDiamondstone@Clarku.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 11:44:36 PST

 woops. I was rude again. Sorry, Gordon! I'd never dare to say that you look
CUTE up there, but it IS a hobby horse (making education meaningful) that
suits you. Those of us who never learned to be polite just HAVE to spend
more time thinking about interpersonal meanings....

Sorry to take up so much space here, but as a reflection on practice, I
wanted to add that I have found it much easier to create the conditions for
individual pursuits (typically research), with classroom time taken up in
discussion of general theoretical / methodological issues and in joint
attention to individual projects, than to create the conditions for joint
work on shared projects that each and every student invests in and takes
from to a high degree. We haven't had discussions about teaching practices
for a while. Is it time? judy