Re: cognition and emotion

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 08:39:31 PST

In a message dated 11/9/2002 6:26:28 PM Central Standard Time,
mcole@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

> I mention this because a very striking characteristic of students describing
> their teaching/learning interadctions in our experimental afterschool
> activies
> is that they are COMPLETELY UNABLE to descibe the interactions without
> fusing
> cognition and emotion.

Mike;

At times it is clearly impossible to separate thinking from emotional
processess. An example of the first would be a lawyer unable to defend
themselves in court and in the second a slaughterhouse worker during their
20th year on the job.

in between the two extremes there is certainly room for debate, on what basis
can we begin the debate?

eric