Fwd: Nominations for SIG Exec Committee ballot

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 14:26:39 PST

More FYI concerning CHSIG membership

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Dear Colleagues,
     Please ***share this e-mail*** with all members of your SIG. Four of
the current SIG Executive Committee members serve as the nominating
committee to identify nominees for the 2 SIG Executive Committee positions
that become vacant next year. The nominating committee will select 6-8
persons to appear on the AERA ballot on which all ~6,025 SIG members are
eligible to vote to fill these 2 positions on the 6-member SIG Executive
Committee.
     The SIG Executive Committee met this past week-end, and I was selected
to serve as Chair for nominations to the SIG Executive Committee. We have a
short window so please submit to me via e-mail nominations for SIG
Executive Council on or before midnite PST ***Tuesday, November 5, 2002.***
     The SIG Executive Committee members are elected in January on the
annual AERA ballot. All persons who have a SIG membership receive one vote,
but you receive only one vote even if you belong to multiple SIGs. Nominees
will need to submit a 250 word description of their background experience
that relate to this position. The minimum criteria to be nominated are (1)
AERA membership and (2) SIG membership; (3) current or prior leadership
experience in a SIG, and (4) a commitment to the SIG mission as stated in
the AERA SIG Handbook. Nominators or self-nominators should submit
nominees' names along with information related to these criteria.
      If you or any member has a question, please do not hesitate to ask
via e-mail or telephone at 310-568-5644.

Diana Hiatt-Michael
Diana.Michael@pepperdine.edu