Re: Initiative

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 17:33:05 PDT

Your intervention to help Samantha get a law degree raises lots of worthwhile
questions, Diane. Besides, its nice to hear from you. I am feeling a lot of
frustration because Erlbaum seems to be very slow not only in getting out a
whole slew of prepared issues of MCA, but even in making the voted-for
article available.

Here is my question. Helena has written about her situation, where the lives
of a lot of people are at stake, and where modest amounts of money, or perhaps
time (if she could invent some way where our time would help). Samantha
is taking a lot of initiative to put herself in a position to practice law
on the behalf (of presumably) lots of other people who also deserve support.

Can we, individually or collectively, respond to such initiatives? Is there
any collective criteria we could develop for where to focus energy? Or is
it a free for all?

No prescriptions here. Simply perplexed.
mike