Re: Messing with XCMA DEMOCRACY

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 20:37:02 PDT

Surely you had to do more than just delete cookies? Perhaps you restarted
the computer too, and running dhcp, well, one could just give it all away by
saying less?

I fear we've become overrun by the digiscenti. CLEARLY we must kick it up a
notch and use authentication and third party certificates.

One way will be to require a nominal fee for each vote. Credit cards will
provide some authentication, and at the very least a financial cost/deterrant
to multiple voting.

Guess that could really put us in florida.

bb